IINAS celebrates its 2nd anniversary!
Thank you all for collaboration, contributions and support...we*re looking forward to working further with you!
Stay tuned for the upcoming newsletter.
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
- AEBIOM's European Bioenergy Conference May 12-14, 2014 in Brussels - IINAS will contribute to the "Sustainability" session in the afternoon of May 12, of see conference program
- The EU project BiomassPolicies organizes a workshop on "Sustainability and Mobilization" May 14, 2014 in Brussels, including a presentation of Uwe R. Fritsche - registration is free
- IINAS will contribute several presentations and moderate sessions at the 22nd European Biomass Conference and Exhibition, June 23-26,2014 in Hamburg - see conference program
- GEMIS Version 4.9 with important data corrections and updates!
- Results from the ENTIRE project on resource efficiency
Sustainable Land Use
- Input paper to the GLOBALANDS 3rd International Expert Workshop "Systemic Indicators for Global Sustainable Land Use: Concept, Examples and Options for Global Processes" held in Paris April 7-8, 2014 in cooperation with UNEP and UNCCD Secretariat. Results will be made available soon.
- Paper of IINAS and GLOBALANDS project team for the World Bank conference "Land and Poverty"
- Presentation by IINAS at the World Bank conference "Land and Poverty"
- Workshop notes from the 2nd GLOBALANDS International Expert Workshop “Global Governance for Sustainable Land and Soil Management” held on Oct. 31, 2013
- The GLOBALANDS project team contributed to the Global Soil Week Oct. 27-31, 2013 in Berlin
Sustainability of Bioenergy and Biofuels
- New: Biomass project page
Presentations at the EEA-JRC Expert Meeting on biogenic carbon accounting held from Dec. 3-4, 2013 in Copenhagen – the workshop dokumentation will be made available soon
- Presentations and materials from the US-CA-EU Workshop "Transatlantic Trade in Wood for Energy: A Dialogue on Sustainability Standards and Greenhouse Gas Emissions, October 23–24, 2013 in Savannah, Georgia"
Review of the EU bioenergy potential from a resource efficiency perspective - Background report to EEA study (updated version Sept. 2013!) - this background study was carried out by IINAS and our partner Alterra, among others
- Presentations from the 4th Joint REDEX Workshop held from July 1-2, 2013 together with JRC in Arona (Italy)
Outcome paper of the Joint REDEX Workshops (updated version, June 2013)
Energy, Climate and Environmental Analyses
- IINAS is now a partner in the World Bank's Platform for Climate-Smart Planning, providing GEMIS as one of the platform tools.
GEMIS Version 4.9 now available (with important database corrections and updates)!
- Energy and GHG balances of unconventional gas ("fracking")
- Brief study The non-renewable primary energy use and GHG emissions of the national electricity generation mix in Germany in 2012, prepared for HEA, Oct. 2013 (in German)
- Brief study The non-renewable primary energy use of the national electricity generation mix in Germany in 2011, prepared for HEA, July 2012 (in German)