News from IINAS
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
Due to the ongoing Corona pandemic, most physical events are either canceled or postponed - notably, the World Bank Land Conference and the Biofuture Platform/BBEST meetings in Brazil.
Many other events to which IINAS contributes take "place" online, e.g. the EUBCE from April 26-29, 2021.
We all wish you to stay safe and healthy - it is in our hands.
- Future transitions for the Bioeconomy towards Sustainable Development and a Climate-Neutral Economy: Bioeconomy opportunities for a green recovery and enhanced system resilience. Fritsche, U., Brunori, G., Chiaramonti, D., Galanakis, C., Matthews, R. & Panoutsou, C. (authors). Borzacchiello, M.T., Sanchez Lopez, J. & Avraamides, M. (eds.). Publications Office of the European Union Luxembourg 2021 https://doi.org/10.2760/831176
- Future transitions for the bioeconomy towards Sustainable Development and a Climate-Neutral Economy – Foresight Scenarios for the EU bioeconomy in 2050. Report of the Network of Experts for the JRC in the framework of the European Commission's Knowledge Centre for Bioeconomy. Fritsche, Uwe R. ; Brunori, Gianluca; Chiaramonti, David; Galanakis, Charis; Matthews, Robert & Panoutsou, Calliope. Report JRC123532. Luxembourg 2021 https://doi.org/10.2760/763277
- IEA Bioenergy Task 40 Newsletter 1/2021
- IEA Bioenergy: Response to media campains questioning positive climate impacts of forest bioenergy
- Future transitions for the bioeconomy towards Sustainable Development and a Climate-Neutral Economy – Knowledge Synthesis Final Report. Prepared by Fritsche, Uwe; Brunori, Gianluca; Chiaramonti, David; Galanakis, Charis, Hellweg, Stefanie; Matthews, Robert & Panoutsou, Calliope for EC DG RTD & JRC. Report JRC121212. Luxembourg 2020 https://doi.org/10.2760/667966
- Brochure "The GBEP Sustainability Indicators for Bioenergy - A TOOL FOR POLICY-MAKERS" (June 2020)
- Working paper (in German) of WWF and IINAS on the state of "sustainable palm oil (June 2020)
- GEMIS version 5.0 - model and database update (Feb. 2021) as ZIP file (11 MB)
Sustainable Land Use
- Presentation Energy and Land Use: A contribution to the UNCCD Global Land Outlook at the Land and Poverty Conference 2018: Land Governance in an Interconnected World, March 19-23, 2018, World Bank, Washington, DC
Working paper "Land and energy" (corrected version!) for the UNCCD Global Land Outlook prepared by IINAS in collaboration with an international team of co-authors, including IINAS SAB members Helen Watson and IINAS associate Göran Berndes
- Article: Berndes, Göran & Fritsche, Uwe (2016) May we have some more land use change, please? Biofuels, Bioprod. Bioref. 10: 195–197 (free download)
Sustainability of the Bioeconomy, Bioenergy and Biofuels
- Workshop documentation "Governing sustainability in biomass supply chains for the bioeconomy", May 23, 2019 in Utrecht
- For more info see biomass project page and downloads of earlier work