2 Years of IINAS work...and more to come
And: stay tuned for the upcoming newsletter...this Summer!
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
2nd Annual International Conference on Sustainable Development Practice (ICSDP) on September 17-18, 2014 at Columbia University, New York, IINAS contributied to Session "Good Governance of Extractive and Land Resources"
JRC "Workshop on bioenergy in the Ukraine", September 25-27 in Kiev - with an IINAS contribution on sustainability issues
IINAS contributes to the International Workshop "Towards Sustainable International Biomass Trade Strategies" 24 Oct. 2014 in Brussels, organized by the EU BiomassTrade2020plus project and IEA Bioenergy Task 40 - registration is possible free of chage on the website.
- Brief study: The non-renewable primary energy use and GHG emissions of the national electricity generation mix in Germany in 2013 and outlook to 2015 and 2020, prepared for HEA, August 2014 (in German)
- Comparison of GHG emissions from unconventional natural gas ("fracking") in key studies; prepared for ExxonMobil Production Germany (updated August 2014)
- Environmental Consequences of Hydraulic Fracturing ("Fracking"), 2nd Study for the German Federal Environment Agency. IINAS contributed the chapter on GHG balances of shale gas. The full 600 pages report (in German) is available for download (26 MB file!) - English summary to be published in September
- GEMIS Version 4.93 with model corrections, German data updates for fracking and new data for food
Sustainable Land Use
- see news on the GLOBALANDS project page
Sustainability of Bioenergy and Biofuels
- Updated presentations, biomass project page and new downloads on woody bioenergy plus downloads of earlier work