News from IINAS
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
Important notice: Due to a change in the telephone system in our office the phone & fax lines will be unavailable until Aug 25, 2020 - please send us an email.
Due to the Corona pandemic, most physical events are either canceled or postponed - notably, the World Bank Land Conference and the Biofuture Platform/BBEST meetings in Brazil will take place in March 2021.
Many other events to which IINAS contributes take "place" online from Oct-Dec, and we'll provide info on those here - so stay tuned.
We all wish you to stay safe and healthy - it is in our hands.
- Brochure "The GBEP Sustainability Indicators for Bioenergy - A TOOL FOR POLICY-MAKERS" (June 2020)
- Working paper (in German) of WWF and IINAS on the state of "sustainable palm oil (June 2020)
- SDG implementation in selected Latin America and Caribbean countries and possibilities to link with the GBEP Sustainability Indicators.Technical Paper by IINAS prepared for GBEP (Nov. 2019)
- GEMIS version 5.0 - model and database update (Sept. 2019) as ZIP file (11 MB)
- Workhop documentation "Governing sustainability in biomass supply chains for the bioeconomy", May 23, 2019 in Utrecht
Sustainable Land Use
- Presentation Energy and Land Use: A contribution to the UNCCD Global Land Outlook at the Land and Poverty Conference 2018: Land Governance in an Interconnected World, March 19-23, 2018, World Bank, Washington, DC
Working paper "Land and energy" (corrected version!) for the UNCCD Global Land Outlook prepared by IINAS in collaboration with an international team of co-authors, including IINAS SAB members Helen Watson and IINAS associate Göran Berndes
- Article: Berndes, Göran & Fritsche, Uwe (2016) May we have some more land use change, please? Biofuels, Bioprod. Bioref. 10: 195–197 (free download)
Sustainability of the Bioeconomy, Bioenergy and Biofuels
- IINAS was a partner in the IEA Bioenergy InterTask Project "Measuring, governing and gaining support for sustainable bioenergy supply chains” which was carried out in cooperation with the universities Chalmers, Laval/Quebec and Utrecht as well as ORNL
- For more info see biomass project page and downloads of earlier work