News from IINAS
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
As part of an ongoing IEA Bioenergy project on sustainable bioenergy, we'd appreciate if you would fill out a brief questionnaire (open until end of the year) - this will take only a few minutes to complete - thank you in advance!
- Francis X. Johnson from our partner SEI wrote a nice blog on the "Energy and Land" working paper we jointly prepared for UNCCD's Global Land Outlook (see next bullet):
Working paper "Land and energy" (corregted version!) for the UNCCD Global Land Outlook prepared by IINAS in collaboration with an international team of co-authors, including IINAS SAB member Helen Watson and IINAS associate Göran Berndes
Presentations of the international workshop of the IEA Bioenergy Intertask Sustainability project "Sustainability of Bioenergy Supply Chains" in Gothenburg, May 17-18, 2017
IINAS contributed to the IEA Workshop "Sustainability Governance Bioenergy" April 25, 2017 in Paris - see Documentation
Sustainable Land Use
Biofuels, Bioprod. Bioref. 10: 195–197 (free download)
Sustainability of the Bioeconomy, Bioenergy and Biofuels
- Article "Strategy Elements for a Sustainable Bioenergy Policy Based on Scenarios and Systems Modeling: Germany as Example" to which IINAS contributed (free download)
- thanks for this!
- Study of IINAS and our partner SQ Consult for IEA-RETD on integrating 1st and 2nd generation biofuel plants
- IINAS is a partner in the new IEA Bioenergy InterTask Project "Measuring, governing and gaining support for sustainable bioenergy supply chains” which is carried out in cooperation with the universities Chalmers, Laval/Quebec and Utrecht as well as ORNL and will run until 2018.
- The EU Biomass Policies project prepared its final report
- The EU BiomassTrade2020plus project concluded with several new papers
- English summary of the Milestones 2030 project "Elements and milestones for the development of a stable and sustainable bioenergy strategy" (2015)
- For more info see biomass project page and downloads of earlier work
Energy, Climate and Environmental Analyses
- The European Commission held a workshop on "Life Cycle Analysis for Carbon Capture & Utilisation" on June 6, 2017 in Brussels to which IINAS contributed (see live web stream and documentation)
- GEMIS model and database (version 4.95 - update April 2017) as ZIP file
- Selected results from GEMIS for energy and transport systems in Excel file
- updated and extended GEMIS documents
- IINAS is now partner in the World Bank's Platform for Climate-Smart Planning, providing GEMIS as a tool.