News from IINAS
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
Due to the ongoing Corona pandemic, most physical events are either canceled or postponed - notably, the World Bank Land Conference and the Biofuture Platform/BBEST meetings in Brazil.
Many other events to which IINAS contributes take "place" online, and we'll provide info on those here - so stay tuned.
We all wish you to stay safe and healthy - it is in our hands.
- IEA Bioenergy Task 40 Newsletter 1/2021
- IEA Bioenergy: Response to media campains questioning positive climate impacts of forest bioenergy
- Future transitions for the bioeconomy towards Sustainable Development and a Climate-Neutral Economy – Knowledge Synthesis Final Report. Prepared by Fritsche, Uwe; Brunori, Gianluca; Chiaramonti, David; Galanakis, Charis, Hellweg, Stefanie; Matthews, Robert & Panoutsou, Calliope for EC DG RTD & JRC. Report JRC121212. Luxembourg 2020 https://doi.org/10.2760/667966
- Brochure "The GBEP Sustainability Indicators for Bioenergy - A TOOL FOR POLICY-MAKERS" (June 2020)
- Working paper (in German) of WWF and IINAS on the state of "sustainable palm oil (June 2020)
- GEMIS version 5.0 - model and database update (Feb. 2021) as ZIP file (11 MB)
Sustainable Land Use
- Presentation Energy and Land Use: A contribution to the UNCCD Global Land Outlook at the Land and Poverty Conference 2018: Land Governance in an Interconnected World, March 19-23, 2018, World Bank, Washington, DC
Working paper "Land and energy" (corrected version!) for the UNCCD Global Land Outlook prepared by IINAS in collaboration with an international team of co-authors, including IINAS SAB members Helen Watson and IINAS associate Göran Berndes
- Article: Berndes, Göran & Fritsche, Uwe (2016) May we have some more land use change, please? Biofuels, Bioprod. Bioref. 10: 195–197 (free download)
Sustainability of the Bioeconomy, Bioenergy and Biofuels
- Workshop documentation "Governing sustainability in biomass supply chains for the bioeconomy", May 23, 2019 in Utrecht
- For more info see biomass project page and downloads of earlier work