Dialogue opened on Forest Landscape Restoration and Bioenergy
As a cooperation between GIZ (on behalf on BMZ), GBEP and IEA Bioenergy, the first dialogue on Forest Landscape Restoration and bioenergy was held on Dec 1, 2018 at the Global Landscape Forum in Bonn, Germany:
Discussion Forum 2:Contribution of a sustainable wood energy production approach to Forest Landscape Restoration (FLR) in Sub-Saharan Africa (see Agenda and Background for details, as well as info on speakers and host organizations)
For all who could not participate, see full recording of the livestream with all presentations and discussions.
The forum was moderated by Uwe R. Fritsche, and had the following inputs:
Keynotes: Setting the scene
- Tiziana Pirelli, FAO & GBEP
- Bah Saho, ECOWAS / ECREEE
- Paola Agostini, World Bank (oral input, see link to recorded livestream above)
Panel: Views on the issue
- Mamadou Diakite, AFR100 Secretariat
- Christophe Bring, AFR100 Focal Point, Cameroon
- Luis da Silva, WWF International
- Barron Joseph Orr, UNCCD Secretariat
The discussion between the panelists and the audience addressed the following questions:
- Which role could modern bioenergy play in fostering sustainable forestry, and FLR?
- Which activities/projects and stakeholders should be included in the future dialogue?
- What is your interest and what could be your contribution to the dialogue on bioenergy & FLR?
For a brief documentation of key outcomes, see Rapporteur notes.
This dialogue will be followed by other events in 2019 and 2020. The next opportunity to participate will be a special session on May 28, 2019 in Lisbon, Portugal during the 27th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition (EUBCE). If interested to participate, pls. contact us.