Sustainable Land Use
This joint research project was funded by UBA, addressing which sustainability requirements could be defined for global land use, and asking if a respective global "standard" could be developed and implemented - and with whom. The project was lead by IINAS, and carried out in collaboration with Ecologic Institute, Oeko-Institut and Leuphana University from Sept. 2011 until June 2015. For more information, see www.globalands.org
Results of the project
- Resource-Efficient Land Use - Towards a Global Sustainable Land Use Standard (GLOBALANDS). Synthesis Report of the GLOBALANDS project funded by BMUB through UBA (June 2015)
- Presentation Systemic Indicators at the Global Soil Week 2015 in Berlin
- Presentation "Urban-Rural Linkages" at the Open Space during the Global Soil Week 2015 in Berlin
- Conference Paper and Presentation at the World Bank Conference "Land and Poverty 2015" in Washington DC
- IINAS contributed to the International Conference on “Soils, Food Security, and Sustainable Land Management for Sustainable Development Post-2015” Feb. 11-13, 2015 in Tutzing, Germany - see presentation and Brief Summary of Working Group “Systemic Indicators“
- IINAS contributed to the EEA, IASS, GLII Workshop Feb. 5-6 2015 in Copenhagen (see presentation) which developed a Proposal for land and soil indicators to monitor the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Notes from the 4th GLOBALANDS International Expert Workshop Oct. 6-7, 2014 in Paris, held in cooperation with UNEP and UNCCD-Secretariat.
- Input-Paper for the 3rd GLOBALANDS International Expert Workshop "Systemic Indicators for Global Sustainable Land Use: Concept, Examples and Options for Global Processes" April 7-8, 2014 in Paris in cooperation with UNEP and UNCCD-Secretariat.
- GLOBALANDS contributed to the 2nd Annual International Conference On Sustainable Development Practice: "Advancing Evidence-Based Solutions for the Post-2015 Sustainable Development", September 17-18, 2014 in New York City - see presentation, and conference paper
- GLOBALANDS contributed to the World Bank Conference "2014 Land and Poverty: Integrating Land Governance into the Post-2015 Agenda"March 24-27, 2014 in Washington DC - see conference paper and presentation
- The 2nd International Expert Workshop “Global Governance for Sustainable Land and Soil Management” was held on Oct. 31, 2013 - see workshop notes).
- The GLOBALANDS project team contributed to the Global Soil Week Oct. 27-31, 2013 in Berlin.
- Information on the 1st International Expert Workshop of the GLOBALANDS project (May 27, 2013 in Berlin)
- Issue Paper "Urban-Rural Linkages and Global Sustainable Land Use" (May 2015)
- Issue Paper "Urban Food Systems and Global Sustainable Land Use" (April 2015)
- Systemic Indicators (Jan 2015)
- Governance screening of global land use; Wunder S et al.; Ecologic/Oeko-Institut; Berlin, October 2013
- Global Land Use Scenarios: Findings from a review of key studies and models (April 2013)
- Land Use Trends, Drivers and Impacts: Key findings from a review of international level land use studies; Knickel K; Frankurt; May 2012