News from IINAS
Upcoming Conferences, Events, and Workshops
Meet us at the 2017 World Water Week in Stockholm where IINAS contributes to the GBEP side event "Bioenergy, water and SDG implementation: Experiences and linkages" on August 31 from 9.00 - 10.30 h.
IINAS will contribute to the 2nd International Bioeconomy Congress (September 12-13, 2017 in Stuttgart-Hohenheim, Germany) with regard to sustainability of the bioeconomy.
AND: As part of an ongoing IEA Bioenergy project on sustainable bioenergy, we'd appreciate if you would fill out a brief questionnaire (open until end of the year) - this will take only a few minutes to complete - thank you in advance!
Presentations of the international workshop of the IEA Bioenergy Intertask Sustainability project "Sustainability of Bioenergy Supply Chains" in Gothenburg, May 17-18, 2017
- GEMIS model and database (version 4.95 - update April 2017) as ZIP file
- thanks for this!
- New article "Strategy Elements for a Sustainable Bioenergy Policy Based on Scenarios and Systems Modeling: Germany as Example" to which IINAS contributed (free download)
- Study for IEA-RETD on integrating 1st and 2nd generation biofuel plants: RES-T-BIOPLANT
- Selected results from GEMIS (version 4.95 - January 2017) in an Excel file
- Article: Berndes, Göran & Fritsche, Uwe (2016) May we have some more land use change, please?
Biofuels, Bioprod. Bioref. 10: 195–197 (free download)
Sustainable Land Use
- IINAS in collaboration with an international team of co-authors is currently preparing a working paper on "Land and energy" for the UNCCD Global Land Outlook - more soon...
- Final report and working papers from the GLOBALANDS project
Sustainability of Bioenergy and Biofuels
- IINAS is a partner in the new IEA Bioenergy InterTask Project "Measuring, governing and gaining support for sustainable bioenergy supply chains” which is carried out in cooperation with the universities Chalmers, Laval/Quebec and Utrecht as well as ORNL and will run until 2018.
- The EU Biomass Policies project prepared its final report
- The EU BiomassTrade2020plus project concluded with several new papers
- English summary of the Milestones 2030 project "Elements and milestones for the development of a stable and sustainable bioenergy strategy" (2015)
- For more info see biomass project page and downloads of earlier work
Energy, Climate and Environmental Analyses
- Selected results from GEMIS for energy and transport systems in Excel file
- Comparison of GHG emissions from unconventional natural gas ("fracking") in key studies; prepared for ExxonMobil Production Germany (updated August 2014)
- updated and extended GEMIS documents
- IINAS is now partner in the World Bank's Platform for Climate-Smart Planning, providing GEMIS as a tool.